TimeTokens NFT Project
Conceptualized an NFT project to tokenize the most valuable asset in the world: time.
Still working on it with Apoorv and Arth. Here are some technical details:
- Lowest unit of time we are selling: 1 date
- Split up block chain
- We can have N tokens for 1 date as follows:
- Allow 1 token for 1 date to be split in the future some t times. Basically 1 token is actually 2*t unit of resolution.
- Think stock splits for dates
- Control at “splitting at the transaction level”. So if you split at t, you allow transactions of 0.5 * 2*t units of resolution.
- Allow “compound transactions” on our marketplace: allow users to buy or sell D days at once. Allow date transactions on OpenSea etc.
- Infura IPFS API, easy.
Novel Technical Feature
- Allow users to choose their own picture for a token they buy and allow them to change it
- We have some tricky issues to deal with for the above feature
- How do we allow users to edit token medata without relying on a central server?
- Most NFT projects rely on some backend — that is why rug-pulling happens
OpenSea and Polygon API Problem
- We were initially planning to use Polygon’s PoS to avoid huge gas fees for transactions.
- However, OpenSea does not support Polygon endpoints for
createSellOrder, etc. See https://github.com/ProjectOpenSea/opensea-js/issues/150
- Perhaps Coinbase NFT?
semaphore = 20 #Auctions that dont have a bid on them yet if (no_active_auctions_with_no_bids(wallet_id))) and (has_transaction_history(wallet_id)): allowCreatingAuction() else: if semaphore > 0: semaphore -=1 allowCreatingAuction() else: "Please wait"
If you have any ideas, suggestions, feedback, just reach out.